We are partners with all our users, and we consider user privacy as extremely important to us. Please read below for the detailed explanation.
- What information is collected by Data Export?
- What purpose do we use your Information?
- Does Data Export share information with third parties?
- Your Rights If you are a European resident
- Whom do I contact if I have any privacy questions?
What information is collected by Data Export?
- We collect store data of the Shopify Merchant’s store to enable reporting and exporting data.
What purpose do we use your Information?
- The information is used only to provide reporting services through dashboards, spreadsheets, and tables.
- For Merchants who use FTP method to export the reports, we save the FTP credentials in encrypted format.
- For Merchants who prefer to export to Google Sheets, the data is sent to the Merchant’s Google account. The authentication between Data Export and Google Sheets is enabled by the Merchant.
- Our support team customizes reports. Custom reports and dashboards are created at the request of the merchant.
- We collect the user (Shopify Merchant) name and email when Data Export is installed. This information will be used to communicate about product usage and product updates.
- When a merchant has installed Data Export, the generated reports are stored in the Amazon S3 database for 30 days to data retrieval purpose. However, if the merchant uninstalls, then all generated reports are deleted.
Does Data Export share information with third parties?
- We do not share any data to a third-party service or application.
- We may share your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We comply with GDPR regulations. We follow Shopify’s mandate that the merchant data is removed from the store within 48 hours on uninstallation. For more detail, please read https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/gdpr-resources
Your Rights if you are a European resident
- The only personal information we collect is the user (Shopify Merchant) name and email ID for communication purpose. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- If you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, creating custom reports).
- Additionally, please note that your information (Name and Email ID) will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Whom do I contact if I have any privacy questions?
- For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
- Ulrich John Solomon is the DPO (Data Protection Officer) at Dayspring Technologies, which owns Data Export. He does not belong to the IT Department or the Marketing Department. If you have any questions you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org